Partner With Us
We help clients develop clear, fact-based value propositions for sales, marketing, and public service campaigns.
We will create custom articles to highlight some interesting odds about a product (see Candy Hearts and Valentine Dreams) that describes the odds of a particular saying appearing on a particular Sweethearts® candy or provide interesting insights about the history of a product to mark a significant corporate anniversary - see Against the Odds: Raggedy Ann, The Doll with the Candy Heart)
Developing custom articles may require working with company data to develop odds unique to a product or service (e.g., Sweethearts® candy production data or Butterball Turkey hotline anecdotes). See Talking Turkey: The Odds a Household Will Call the Butterball Hotline.
We also will create custom odds and articles on topics of interest to a publisher.
As part of our Odds Statement development process we capture the population that is at risk of experiencing the particular odds as well as the number of people that do experience it for the year in question. This means we can estimate the market size, for example, of the number of people who are diagnosed with an illness or condition in a year.
Also, our Odds Statements go beyond describing the aggregate odds for the whole population by including the odds for subpopulations that can include gender, age, race, and, in some cases, state/region of the US. This means we can estimate market segments from existing and newly created odds data.
Our team of experts can undertake custom research on any subject.
Communication of Numeric Data
Many people do not understand or relate well to numbers. We help our users understand risk and uncertainty by translating odds into different representations of numeric data, visualizing those data in different ways, and providing a comparison or calibrating those data to the odds of everyday life. This work may include:
- Creating custom Odds Statements
- Translating those odds into different ways of describing numeric data ( 1000:1, 15%, 1 in 1,000)
- Identifying comparisons with which the target audience can identify (such as the odds of a breast cancer diagnosis, and winter snow in March)
- Developing two or more visualizations of data (see our different content focusing on baseball in the form of graphs, threads, and infographics)
We convert data into engaging materials that help customers better understand the need for, or benefits of, a product or service. Such materials could be used in advertising, public relations, or public service campaigns.
Evaluate Fact-based Advertising Claims
We will evaluate fact-based advertising claims to determine if they are supported by your data or investigate whether such data could be generated or are sufficient to support a claim.
Ever wonder how much time and cost is being spent on an activity or function in your corporation and how this could be made more efficient? Ever wonder how it compares to other companies costs or results?
- We will perform internal benchmarking studies to produce a baseline of cost and productivity
- We will perform external comparisons to provide comparisons with those in your industry and top performers
- We will identify improvement opportunities and their estimated value to your corporation
Services to Museums and Non-profits
All of the services listed above are available to non-profit institutions, which require research services that are highly respected and reliable. For example, we have produced lectures for the Boston Museum of Science as well as video loops of our Odds Statements used in displays. In addition to the services listed above, we will:
- Create information for displays in exhibits, catalogs, and special programs
- Work together on grant-based projects
- Assist in making information visually compelling
Services for Corporate Communications
How often do you wish you had some fact at your disposal for an Annual Report or a PR, marketing, or positioning campaign? How much information about your company is locked in its “corporate memory” and unavailable for use? For example, we helped NECCO rediscover that its candy heart was used by the originator of Raggedy Ann, and published this in a custom article. We support you by:
- Research to discover or highlight valuable and memorable information about your company
- Support anniversary projects such as 50th, or 100th anniversaries of companies or key products
- Create custom materials based on our research
Contact us today to find out how we can help you.